Monday, October 7, 2013

Duck Dynasty Day at Shearer Elementary...I am so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!!!!!

I am so excited for Thursday to come...#1.  It is the last day of my work week because we are on fall break until Tuesday 10/15.  And for #2. 
 
 
I totally happened upon the original flyer by accident.  I was checking out to leave for the day.  My preschool aged daughters had a dentist appointment with the Devil Dentist as she is now referred to.  (I digress, story for another day, perhaps even another blog)  As I was checking out, I saw what my sweet principal had printed up.  Well, if you know the post TPT-Blog World discovered me, you should know I don't do black and white, nor do I do no graphics.  So I asked her if she minded if I ran home before I took the girls to the devil dentist and cutified this with my Melonheadz Illustrating Robertsons Tribute Bundle I got a few weeks ago...If you are a Duck Dynasty Fan at all, you have to get this set.  It has been the biggest hit in my classroom! 
 
I called my principal after I emailed the PDF and they were already in printing and getting ready to be cut and passed out for students to take home.  I was stoked and so appreciative that my principal would let me share my new little talent with everyone! 
 
So much fun, but so addictive.  I could just sit at my teachers desk and create all day long, but I have those pesky common core standards to teach!  But, this little digital habit of mine has made teaching a whole lot more fun and I have never been more into knowing my standards because I try to create new and original activities and lessons everyday!  



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! It definitely is addicting! I think I would prefer to sit at home in my pajamas all day creating stuff. Lol! We have Fall Break this weekend too. I can't wait!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Fall break? What's that? I wish we had one of those, but then again, we've only been in school for 5 weeks, so...

    I love to create digital stuff too. WIsh I had more time {and patience} for it. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I've made something uber cute.
    P.S. I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog the other day, but you're a no-reply commenter. I wasn't sure if you knew that. If you wanted to change that Jivey has a great post showing how to change that: http://ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com/p/no-reply-blogger-no-more.html
    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Ali, thanks for pointing that out for me...I never paid any attention to that before. I am still figuring this blog/social networking thing out! Now, how do I get the hyperlink for my blog to show up in my signature like yours?

      Delete
  3. So jealous of Fall Break! Have a blast!
    I'm so happy I found your blog from Crafting Connections giveaway! I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked out your blog!!! A gal after my own heart!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!