Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Currently...October

The first of the month is a great time!  I move my classroom around, I get to change décor (a little bit) and I get to participate in Farley's CURRENTLY!!!!!  If you have not done a currently with Farley, head on over to Oh Boy Fourth Grade and link up!!!

Here is my October Currently...

I am listening to my four year old boss my three year old daughter and my little one year old son around while I do this..."I told you" she keeps telling them.  Before I enrolled her in preschool she didn't talk very plainly...No after a full year of preschool and speech therapy, she is bossing us all around.  She comes by it honestly, her mommy  Daddy is the bossy one! 

I am loving that October, for me anyways, kicks off the holiday season.  I am so excited about decorating for the next three months!  What I don't like is that Christmas will appear at Walmart very soon, even before we trick or treat!  I know this because I am at Walmart about everyday...I like to take these next three months slowly and enjoy every day of it I am given.  Its a pity that there is only three months of it. 

I am thinking about how in the world I will get a hold of my class tomorrow after being off sick for two days.  Someone in my house has been sick with this icky fever, sore throat and body aches for the last week and a half.  My oldest daughter had it first, then my three year old daughter, then me and then my little son is recovering from it now.  Really good subs are in short supply in my school district right now.  I am picky and usually try to only use one or two for the year.  But, when your calling in for a sub at 3 and 4 am, you have to take what you can get.  SSSSSOOOOOOOOO, there is no telling what I will be walking back into tomorrow.  Sometines, I think it would be more worth it to work sick then to make up for lost time...

I want a new do!!!  Farley's is look sharp!  I had three kids in four years.  They are ages four and under...I should probably just shave my head.  I won't have nice hair again until my youngest is in middle school and then I am sure it will have already started to fall out with worry about having two teenaged drop dead gorgeous daughters. 

I am in desperate need of a Fall Girls Getaway...It would have to be someplace close and cheap.  I have never been away from my kids and I have to face the fact...I am the El Cheapo of this family.  Maybe just a day trip to do something about this hair and maybe my nails would make me feel better :)

So, my little treat is Origami Owl.  I got this little bit of love last Christmas from my sister in law. 
 
Check out www.origamiowl.com  Living Lockets are fun to create and make great gifts!!!
 
 
Well, that's it for this months currently!  Enjoy this time with your family and friends and stay safe this Trick or Treat!

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for my first locket to arrive! Love the idea of telling stories with my jewelry.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to sell it before I started with TPT, but I know me well enough to know that I would buy much more than I would ever sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello long lost friend...Sorry you have been feeling bad, but glad you are feeling better!! I can imagine how excited you are for these next three months.....your home is always decorated so beautifully!! Miss you my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!