Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Whole Brain Teachin' BABY!!!

OK!  So my BFF and I did a presentation yesterday for our staff over Whole Brain Teaching...It was awesome!  Our staff had a good time, the remained engaged, we gave our prizes, we laughed...Just some good clean staff meeting fun!  I had been doing some WBT stuff in my room for a little while, up until Becky and I went to the Kentucky Reading Conference back in October.  We were kinda bored really and were contemplating leaving.  But, it was a day without students or children, so we stuck it out.  Boy are we glad we did.  We both teach classes who are talkative to say the least.  We were blown away by these two graphics alone...
 

Our staff was as well. It was the best  presentation I have ever done!  My BFF and I make a great team!!  She is yin to my yang, my spaghetti to this meatball, she is the calm and I am the storm :) 
 
Today, I don't know if I was coming off a presenter's high or what, but I was on fire in my whole brain classroom today, AND so where my big kidlings!  I was super withit today and was patient and used every moment as teachable moments.  They got the Guff counter today and were so funny!  At first they asked me to please stop when I was putting the guff counter points up there.  I asked who they were asking to stop and they said, "YOU!"  I said, "I am not the one complaining now am I!"  So they looked at the child who was complaining and in almost unison said "PLEASE STOP!"  I just turned and erased the guff points.  The whole rest of the day was spent with students monitoring each other's behavior and more than once I heard "please stop" and wasn't able to react because the students themselves handled the situations.  I almost and I stress almost don't want holiday break to get here very soon because I don't want the momentum to run out and have to reteach all over again come January!  You know what I am talking about!  Check back soon...I just did a major photo and video dump from my iphone and ipad so I can take pictures of these kiddos in action!  I am such a proud teacher today! 
Go Sharks!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!