Monday, April 21, 2014

CH CH CH CH CH CH Changes!!!

 I posted about all the crazy things my school district is up to about 6 weeks ago.  Today the bottom fell out of things completely!  All of elementary and middle school principals were demoted to classroom teachers a few weeks ago and had to re-interview for their jobs.  My principal had a group interview this past Friday and had to find out for herself that she would not be called back for a second interview.  Needless to say, this has crushed me.  She has been the absolute hands down bar none the best principal I have ever ever worked for!  I know she will be fine and land on her feet.  My concern is now for my staff and me....Who will lead us?  Will they let us stretch our professional legs and teach from the standards or will they try to put us back in and make us teach a big box program for reading and math.  I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK INTO THE BOX!!!!!  My kids have actually learned something this school year and retained that knowledge.  I don't even know if I will be in present position or not...I have many prayers that God is answering...I believe that God will have me where I am supposed to be and have me working where I am supposed to be working.  I know that God has a plan for who will be my little girl's teacher next year for Kindergarten...I just have to trust in Him that he will do what is best for me.  He knows what is good for me...I just have to let go and let Him lead me.  

Thanks for listening and I will keep you posted!!!





4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's incredible! Good luck to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like major changes - I bet everything is in an uproar!!! Hang in there!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am sorry for what is happening in your district! Trusting the Lord it the best advice, we recently had a sermon about enjoying the wait. The Lord tells us His plan in his timeline, not ours, he purposefully makes us wait to help us grow and reflect. I pray that those affected in your district also Trust in the Lord and enjoy the wait as much as possible.

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tobi,
    I just found your blog through the KY blogger link up. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through such big changes. A few years ago, I made the difficult decision to leave my HS teaching job and go back to for my elementary certificate and ended up in a "big box" school. We spent an hour on Reading Mastery a day, but I was derided for teaching Sarah, Plain and Tall in addition because it was seen as too difficult by our school/district. The principal was also crazy and there were a lot of unethical things going on at our school. I put my faith in God and he led me to my dream job and crazy rare program an hour and a half from our house. I commuted all of last year, absolutely loving my school. They cut my rare program but kept me on and even though I am switching back to the regular classroom, I feel so so blessed to work with such amazing colleagues and supportive community members. Sometimes, we aren't really sure why God is leading us in a certain direction, but that crazy commute and move saved me from an awful school (8 teachers out of 21 left the year I did, and another 5 have left for this coming school year). I'm so blessed to be where I am now and I'm sure you will be just as blessed. Good luck with your upcoming school year!

    http://teachlovejoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!