Sunday, March 30, 2014

Too Ambitious...


 Boy that should've been my motto today!!!  I got a little cocky when I started those fonts and borders.  I went ahead and downloaded the free 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements 12 and watched a couple videos on how to make digital papers...Wwwwwweeeeeelllll, I should really have checked my pride at the open of the program.  I am still so much of a novice with this whole graphics thing...I think I will reside myself that God puts people on this earth to do certain things.  I don't think he meant for me to make digital paper and other such graphics without the aid of my trusty friendly program I like to call PowerPoint.  I couldn't get my nose out of the Photoshop program long enough to even get my kitchen cleaned up.  So, after I pulled all of my hair out decided that bald was going to have be a good look for me, I went into my dropbox and took stock of how much digi-paper and graphics I already have...I think I am good since I am going to have to find a new cloud storage for just my graphics folder :)  

I've got enough Melonheadz to last me two lifetimes, a blue million files of digital paper, I can now make my own fonts on my font maker and borders in ppt...I'm good!  I am officially on Spring Break as of tomorrow at 7:20am.  I am going to spring clean like a mad woman and spend some QT with my family.  I hope you have a blessed evening and a wonderful tomorrow!!!




3 comments:

  1. Don't give up on on photoshop!!! I started using it this summer and have just kept playing and playing with it and am still learning new tricks. My husband bought me a MAC computer a couple Christmas' ago and had photoshop installed on it, but it wasn't until this past summer I actually started putting it to use. I watch tutorials all the time on you tube. That is where I learn how to make polk a dot digital paper. Making digital paper is my favorite thing to do. Each time I make I pack I always say it is my new fav because I learn a new way to do a trick with a brush or a pattern. Here is a little tip: Try "overlays". Insert an overlay in photoshop. You can purchase commercial use overlays just for photoshop. Then insert a new layer and add a pattern or paint bucket to give it a new color or twist. Search Etsy or digital scrapbooking paper stores online for commercial overlays to use in photoshop. They make designing digital paper so much easier and the combinations are endless. Just remember you can add layer upon layer in photoshop. Happy photoshopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I know I can do it, I just need to have more time to do it. I am the type of gal who, once I start something, tends to zone in on that and shut everything else out! My five year old daughter told me last night "no more puters in the bed mommy!" She sleeps with me so she rules the roost!! Thanks for the pep talk. I will definitely look into those overlays you were talking about!

      Delete
  2. I got a good chuckle out of this...I could totally relate to spending HOURS on something...and at the end of it all, you feel like you've accomplished nothing! Live and learn... Enjoy your spring break!!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!