Thursday, March 27, 2014

Reference Check...


 I am at a stand still emotionally about all our elementary and middle school principals.  I had stood up for this new facilities plan because it felt right to me as a parent and a fourth grade teacher.  Never did I think my principal would be demoted to a classroom teacher and have to reapply for her job.  I am a people first kind of person and I feel so bad this has happened.  Makes me want to never ever want to open my mouth about anything again at the district or school level.  
BBUUTTTTT, if you know me, my voice is the most powerful weapon I have in my arsenal.  I think words are powerful when they are spoken with honesty, truth and integrity.  I decided that I would try to organize my staff to write letters of recommendation for our principal, I am even going to have my outgoing fourth graders to write letters for her as well.  Can you imagine my surprise when my principal sends me a text message with much embarrassment in her tone.  She said she could not believe that she was asking me, but asked me for a reference.  Was she reading my mind?  I support anything my principal would want...she supports me in all my hair brained ideas and plans for my classroom.  I said "absolutely"!  I did not tell her about my plan or that this plan is the plan of some of my fellow teachers as well.  

I don't understand this...it is so unsettling...it's scary.  We have just gotten off the ground with our principal, she's part of the team, she's made us a family. So I am going to write her reference with pride.
I will keep you posted!!!


2 comments:

  1. I can't even believe this has happened! I was shocked by your last post! I don't know why people think this is ok! I feel so badly for all of those administrators. Kudos to you for taking this on.
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is completely legal but completely unethical. I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!