Monday, February 10, 2014

Things are starting to look up around here...

 OK Peeps
Things are starting to look up around here at Shearerly Sadler 4th Grade...
Status on my broken foot...I am in a walking boot but not really walking yet.  I have to use the crutches because my weight is uncomfortable (in more ways than just bearing it on my injury) but I am able to make walking motions with my boot on, which is a step in the right direction (ha ha ha!)  
 
I am so very excited...I am going to get a new computer!  I am not sure what kind I am going to get yet but I'm having a lot of fun looking around...Granted its online window shopping but it passes the time :)  I totally welcome any input you have to help me out
 
Also, Shearer-ly Sadler 4th Grade is getting a face lift.  I contacted the fantastic folks at Honey Bunch Blog Designs to get the ball rolling. I am waiting with baited breath to hear back from them.   I have been wanting to do this for so long and now it is finally going to happen.  I am going to upgrade my classroom site as well with one of their Premade designs, but my blog is going to be totally custom and tricked out with Melonheadz!  That's my nonnegotiable!  Go over and check them out.  The blogs are totally adorable and affordable too!
http://honebunchblogdesign.blogspot.com
 
We are on the eve of our 102nd day of school and very well the eve of our 12th snow/cold weather
  day.  I don't like to speculate if it will be a day off because I LOVE SNOW DAYS!!!  I like summer don't get me wrong, but there is something special about getting some extra snuggle time with my babies and playing in the snow...I spend all day long with other people's kids, I relish every precious moment I get to spend with mine.  (I just finished building a bridge out of our sofa cushions with a broken foot and blogging while my preschooler does cannonballs off the "bridge" into the "ocean of sharks below")  They grow up too fast.  My four year old I think has finally moved into her own room.  Since breaking my foot, I've not been able  to take the stairs to my room so I've been in "Sofa City."  Riley usually sleeps with me and Daddy but decided she would sleep on the love seat.  Little sister joined us one night for a "slumber party" and the next night, she decided to go sleep in her bed in the room she and her little sis share!  It has helped little sister too.  I think maybe she has so many late nights up and down is maybe she's been a little lonely.  It was quite the silent night around her last night! 
 
Last but more importantly not least...I am proud member #211 of the Melonheadz Addict Club! 
 
 
 I have actually had an email conversation with the Queen Melonheadz Mother!  I feel like I am talking to blog royalty when I get a response from someone like Nikki or Jen Jones.  I think I made Nicole Shelby blush one day when I told her that I couldn't believe I was trading emails with her.  I told her she was a TPT celeb...she humbly responded with "just a regular teacher like you..."  I am so glad I started blogging and selling on TPT!!
 
I am fading fast and falling asleep at the keyboard and still have a SOOOOOO MANY THINGS TO DO!  I hope you all have a rest night and a wonderful tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a Honey Bunch Blog! I'm waiting on a two buttons (Pinterest & Instagram). Hope your foot is getting much better and you are "stepping" in the right direction! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're on the road to healing! (Are you still vacuuming on your knees?!) And I can't wait to see your new blog design! I, too, am excited to see what they come up with for you! Finally, I got a chuckle out of your comments about trading emails with the "big sellers" - I feel the very same way! :)
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!