Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Do Bad Things Happen In Threes?

 
 OK...Do bad things happen in threes???  I REALLY hope they don't.  Here's the skinny on my weekend.  Most folks relish Friday afternoons as a time to jet out of work and get their weekend on!  Well, if you are a teacher, that is prime time to get your plans set and/or copies made for the week to come.  I don't usually leave school until 4:30 on any given Friday.  I went down to my besties classroom afterschool Friday to see a biography she wrote for an assessment she creative (she's my creative partner in crime at my school and in life as a whole)  We ended up talking for about 30 minutes so my preptime was pushed back by that amount.  No big deal, we do it just about every Friday...I go back to my room and procrastinate some more...I finish a blog hop and then 4:40 rolls around and I end up taking everything home knowing I'm not going to do a thing with it.  So I'm rolling in Hellen Wheels (AKA My Chrysler minivan) and I get to a stop light in town.  I have been fighting a cold all day; snotting, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing the whole gamut.  I see the first car in the line start to move and I feel the mother of all sneezes coming on... an epic whole body curling sneeze.  I sneeze once and then I begin curling for the next one.  As I am recovering...CRASH!  I hit the car in front of me who hits the car in front of them.  Long story short, I get out to see if everyone is ok.  First car, all good.  The car I actually hit, DRAMA.  They are both complaining of neck injuries and get BACKBOADED AND TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL VIA AMBULANCE.  I just about died.  To beat it all, the lady was laughing when they were loading her up and the tow truck driver was able to move their car to load it on the tow  truck.  I get they could be sore, but was the drama necessary.  I think not.  That was Friday...
Saturday, I broke my foot, two long bones in my foot.  The last time I broke a bone, I was three.  I tried to tough it out but lets face it, broken bones HURT!!!!!!!  My 5 year old was outside with me when it happened.  She was such a huge help to me.  She immediately ran to the house and began knocking on doors to get Daddy.  When she couldn't get his attention, she started to cry.  I got her to calm down and she helped pull me off the ground.  Daddy came out and helped me try to get into the house.  That was a no go.  I told him to stay put and I drove myself to the hospital.  Picked my mom up on the way so I could have some help getting in.  Quickest ER visit EVER!  The doc even took a picture of my x-ray because I just couldn't fathom it being broken.
 
So now my husband has had to become  do it all Daddy and its a rough way to go.  I think he might be seeing my usefulness around this house now.  I hate that he has to do it all... I am so stubborn that I refuse to rest.  I have been vacuuming on my knees which is hilarious to see but I am surely going to further injure myself I go to the ortho doc tomorrow and I pray there is no surgery necessary...So you can see why I am hopeful that bad things just happen and not in a certain number...
 
I hope you all have a wonderfully productive week...Good night!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shearerly Sadler 4th Grade

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my - you poor, poor thing!! (I must admit, though, I did get a chuckle out of the vision of someone vacuuming on their knees and a broken foot - it was a pitifully humorous vision!) What a rough weekend! Hang in there... I'm sending well-wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery (not to mention success dealing with the car accident) your way!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, you are such a sweetie. Bad things evidently do happen in threes. I feel today after. I got back from the ortho doc today...I am doomed! Can I ask you a question? How did you get your a link to your blog in your comments signature? I have been trying to figure out how to do this but no success!!
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness...you had a ROUGH weekend. I hope things start looking up for you and you don't have to have surgery!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for brighter days!!! Hope you feel better!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!