Monday, July 13, 2015

What A FUN, WET N’ WILD Day!!!!

My son, my last born, my little tiny baby, turned 3 and we had his birthday party yesterday.  I love having parties for my babies.  This year he has loved Thomas the Train and Toy Story so we went with a Toy Story theme!  His sweet little cake, his banner and bunting…I had his cake made, but the banner and bunting I did with my trusty PC and a little program I like to call PowerPoint. 

20150712_163959 20150712_165348 20150712_165328

He was one happy little boy if you can’t tell!!  Look at that grin!  He is a boss on this thing and has been riding his sisters around the yard at top speed all day!!!

20150712_174022

Today I went to school and we got to work on our CLASS LISTS!!!!  This has always been such an exciting time for me.  I love seeing the names of the students who will be in my new class for the the upcoming school year.  I learn so much by talking to their teachers from last year.  They are always so concerned for them to be taken care of and loved on but also that they are in the right classroom so their best can shine.  I think I am going to have a really, really, really great class next year.  I already know a lot of them just through hallway connections alone.  I am looking forward to getting to know them all and preparing for their arrival in 4 short weeks.  We start school on August 12 and I am starting to get the pre- opening day jitters already!!!!

Also today, my part of the world had the storm of the century it seemed! There was wind, there was sideways rain and a river is running over my neighbor’s driveway.  The electricity went out briefly.  I got all jazzed up like I always do in a good storm.  #inmyreallifeimastormchaser  I would totally chase storms if I didn’t have the sweet life I have with my little family…  Here are some of the highlights! 

20150713_161259  20150713_161447 20150713_161330

To say we are a little waterlogged is grossly understated!  I think this is our hundred year flood year!!!

To keep myself busy during the storm I pulled out my copy of “The NEXT Step In Guided Reading by Jan Richardson.  I have been reading this book as part of a collaborative online book study with #theguidedreadinggals. 

guidedreadinggals

Our study launched today and the first chapter is live with Marie Lee at the Literacy Spot.

 

The Literacy Spot
Click on her button to read more about chapter 1 and check back each Monday for another chapter.  Chapter 1 is all about the research behind guided reading and what the other kids are doing when your are doing guided reading with your small group.  I was hooked after my read of chapter 1 and I know you will be as well.  Click on the button to go to the Literacy Spot and check out some of the other #guidedreadinggals blogs as well!!!  You can also find us at the We <3 Guided Reading Facebook Group to follow our post blog discusson!!!

1 comments:

  1. Happy BIrthday to your baby!! I hope a lot of people are reading the Next Step along with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!