Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Next Step In Guided Reading Chapter 3 Pre A and Emergent Readers…

If you know me, the really little people kind of intimidate me in the classroom.  Kindergarten teachers are a rare breed of teacher and I truly love and respect each and every one of you.  This chapter was so great to read as I have an emergent reader right here in my home!  I was ready to play school with her after reading this chapter but she was having none of that, because she didn’t get to be the teacher!!!  Oh well…it is what it is.

My sweet bloggy friend Julie has a full run down of chapter three at her blog.  Click the picture below the get the full chapter 3 synopsis. 

Big Ideas for Little Hands

 

This chapter focuses on how the lessons are structured and paced and the activities which are included in a preA reading lesson and the emergent reading lessons for GR levels A-C.  My big moment was the guided writing for these little guys!  I love how the reading and writing are put together in the lesson and that the writing is very much a window into what the children have control of…. I have put together the first in a series of monthly little guided writers notebooks.  In this bundle, you will get August and September because we all start at different times!!!  I am offering them in my store for 50% for 24 hours!  Click either pic to snag this resource!!! and don’t forget to check out Julie’s blog post about amazing emergent readers!!!

Slide1 LGW September product pic

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!