Saturday, June 20, 2015

Jumping back in…head first!

Well been MIA for almost a year and I miss my blog like I miss my best friend!  My blog is not my best friend, but you are picking up what I am putting down :) 

I have so many things going on right now, my kids trying to mangle each other is one of them at the moment.  The other is getting my back to school items in order and figuring out what to do with my classroom.  I found a great blogpost not too long ago that I would like to mention here.  I really want to do something like this with my classroom this year to foster student choice and personal choices this year.  This post is from Two Nutty Teachers Teaching From The Same Tree….They were featured on Rachel Lynette’s Minds In Bloom

Classroom Set Up - Encouraging Collaboration and Self-Directed Learning

I arranged my classroom in a very similar way during the last nine weeks of the school year and I have to say, I was able to get a lot from my second graders.  I still have some fine tuning to do and several materials to purchase to get this going in a major way for my students this up coming school year.  It definitely gives me something to look forward to ya know!

I will be setting up and sticking to a weekly blog schedule.  You might see one more post from me this week but then I will be a once to twice a week blogger!  Have a great day friends and I look forward to writing for you again real soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments as I grow in the blog world!!!